Sunday, February 24, 2013

Weekend.

After working on Saturday, I walked to McDonald's with a team member and then had a relaxing evening. Today we got to actually sleep in. Not like sleeping in until 8, which has definitely become a luxury but I slept until 10 am!! We made a trip into target to get some essentials, which included Starbucks, of course! When we returned, we walked to Tootsies, to get some lunch and now we are just chilling back at the campus.

The picture is of my team all decked out in our coveralls. We were doing tool training and also learned about service learning when we are on spike.

I thought I would share the AmeriCorps pledge that we say on a weekly basis. Here it is:

The AmeriCorps Pledge

I will get things done for America -
to make our people safer,
smarter, and healthier.

I will bring Americans together
to strengthen our communities.

Faced with apathy,
I will take action.

Faced with conflict,
I will seek common ground.

Faced with adversity,
I will persevere.

I will carry this commitment
with me this year and beyond.

I am an AmeriCorps member,
and I will get things done.








No comments:

Post a Comment