Friday, February 22, 2013

Sick once again. :/

So this week has been both super fast and super slow. The first part of the week I was sick again. Had the flu and missed a day of Team Time. They traveled around Vinton and Cedar Rapids doing touristy things while I was laying in my bed sick. :( Thankfully I didn't have to make anything up and I am currently back to normal. Prayers for staying healthy the rest of the year.

The rest of the week we continued with more training which included CPR, First Aid, and AED training, Rep Role training, Safety Training, and I can't even remember all the other trainings that we had. By this time, they are all starting to blend together. I just can't wait until we actually start working with our hands!

The NCCC calls our service projects, "spikes" and next week we will be doing a mini 3 day spike/service project. We found out that information yesterday and we will be traveling 2 hours away to Davenport, Iowa. We will be doing environmental work at a Marsh for the 3 days such as building trails, building raised beds, painting/remodeling indoors! I am so excited!! This is one step closer to when we actually leave for our long spikes. We will be sleeping on cots in a room, I think somewhere in the buildings on the site, but I won't find out for sure until I get there!

PT hasn't been too brutal this week. We had to get up at 4:45 one morning to drive to the middle school, in the freezing cold, but we all managed to get up and rolling.

Other than more training, not much else has been happening. I don't have any fun pictures this week, sitting in a chair for 8 hours a day isn't too exciting. Just a couple more weeks and we will have all the skills to know for my adventures!

I can never remember all the things I do when I actually sit down to write my blogs so if you want to know specific things about my week or the AmeriCorps in general, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment