Monday, March 4, 2013

Exciting day!!!

Today after sleeping in, David, Devin and I lounged around in our room all afternoon. We worked on our teams trifold poster we have to have for our induction ceremony on Friday. These are just pictures of all our team members and a description of our first spike, which we found out today!!!!!!!! After being lazy, we decided that we were going to go for a run. A team member of Devin's team came to run with David so we wouldn't be slowing him down. :) Thankfully Devin and I are at similar fitness levels so we were really good running partners. I feel like I am already becoming more fit cause I was able to run pretty far!! It surprisingly felt good to run. :) After our run I had so much energy, we were thankfully finding out where our spike was soon.

Alright, enough waiting, I will be heading back to Michigan for my first spike! My team leader sent us on a scavernger hunt all around campus and we finally ended up in the auditorium and he was playing "im going to jackson" :) We will be working at YMCA camp storer in Jackson, Michigan for 7 weeks! We will be doing land management, building trails, removing invasive species and doing camp counseling for 2 weeks. We will be staying in cabins and they are providing all of our meals for us. No cooking for 7 weeks!!! W have mostly every weekend off so I will probably be giving my team a tour all around Michigan! I'll let y'all know when I'm home to visit!!

The pictures are of us having fun at a nearby store. Devin and I bought those hats! The country girl in us couldn't resist! :) The photo in front of the house is my team at our mini spike worksite. The dumpster is pretty much full from all the drywall we pulled off.





No comments:

Post a Comment