We have been on transition for a week now and were supposed to depart for our next project today, Friday but because of the government partial shutdown, they legally cannot send people out to start their service if they are already on campus. So for the time being, we are working here in Vinton, IA. The campus has a two week contingency plan for us and we will be staying in vinton for that amount of time.
We were supposed to go to a YMCA camp in Iowa, only about 45 minutes from our base campus. We would be doing maintenance, painting their dining hall, and doing stump grinding. Hopefully we will be able to spend some time there and help the camp out. We will just have to wait and see.
Oh, I was in the paper again in omaha. Just a little sentence but my pictures in their! :)